The forgotten children of Checenia. Life in Grozny. Picture taken by Musa Sadulajew.

The forgotten children of Checenia. Life in Grozny. Picture taken by Musa Sadulajew.
The forgotten children of Checenia. Life in Grozny. Picture taken by Musa Sadulajew.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Has been the "Urban War of John Smith" in London Riots the right way to make a R-Evolution?

First have a look to this video, please:


Well, have you seen the video? What do you think about London riots now? I don't know what you think but I will tell you what I think.

Since the beginning of the street disorders in London I told myself: be prudent, hold on a bit more time to have your opinion. I felt like a wise suggestion of my inner self telling me: things are not the way they appears.

I have a motto in my life: Victor, never ever believes 100% of what people is telling you and only believes 50% of what you are seeing. I always believe and apply this motto because I know how much the reality is manipulated by the Media.

So now I think I did the right thing waiting for expressing my opinion on London riots. Because If I had been following the stream of the first TV commentaries probably I would arrive to the same conclusion: people in London are rebelling due to the social cuts and costs of economic crisis.

On the other side if I think as the UK Head of Government, Mr Cameron, probably I arrived to his same conclusions: people involved in disturbing the public order are conflictive people with no sense of Good and Evil.

So I have been looking and reflecting till today, when I saw the video I attached above. Now things for me are enough clear, but don't forget my motto, please, to never believe what you hear and only believe half of what you see. 

For sure there have been people in this London riots absolutely out of control for social cuts and the consequences of economic crisis. They have been affected in their daily routine as never in their life. It is absolutely understandable that when you see your world falling down and destroyed by the egoistic appetites of unscrupulous people like financial speculators, it is understandable, I was saying, that there are people acting in the only way they think can get off  their problems. This action, this behaviour has only a name for them: rebellion. And rebellion, at a good end, means violence.


So the problem start now, with violence. As seen in the video there are people who have used this "social" violence as a justification to commit crimes. Because there is no another way to tell that the group of guys, attacking the motorist with the purpose to steal his scooter, are just criminals. In this sense I agree with Mr Cameron's definition of such delinquency behaviour. But only in this episode of criminality or others similar to it. Not for all London riots.


So I suggest if everybody stops for a while to understand we are in real, huge and terrible economic problems due to the egoistic behaviours of dominant economic elites such as financial speculators, well, maybe one day we can avoid to see again London burning. I hope everybody can reflect a bit more and understand the lesson coming from London riots.


And you: what is your opinion about London riots now that they are ended? Do you believe London riots have been the right way to make the R-Evolution I am preaching for? Express your opinion, please. I am really interested to hear about you. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment